Java, the most popular programming language in U.S. and India, is the most preferred choice of technology for developers as well as companies. It has been a cold war ever since between Product Companies and Service Companies to recruit Java developers. Java developers have been making their minds to join one of the two based on assumptions and aspirations. Many Java developers got in touch with Team Paywatch and inquired if Product Companies really pay more than Service Companies? If so, then how big is this gap?
Team Paywatch started the research work!
To answer these questions, this month Team Paywatch has enhanced the Paywatch Special 2016 edition with the comparison between the average salaries offered to Java developers by Product Companies vs. the average salaries offered to Java developers by Service Companies in Pune. We hope that this will help you make an informed choice.
Paywatch Comparison of Average Salaries offered to Java Developers in Pune by Product Companies Vs. Service Companies – Methodology
Team Paywatch studied the latest figures related to salaries paid to Java developers of various experience-ranges by each company in Pune. Our analysis is based on the current salaries (CTC) of the candidates, and their respective companies (source: job portals). The study involved identifying Product Companies, Service Companies, and those companies which have both wings; Product as well as Service. We segregated the current CTC of candidates in these three categories and plotted the average pay for each experience range in a graph below. This graph is also added to the main technology page of Java in Paywatch Special 2016. Please note that this graph consists of the salaries of Java developers from only those IT companies in Pune, for which we were able to identify whether they are Product Companies or Service Companies or both.
Product VS. Service Companies Salary Comparision for Java J2EE Developers in Pune
In the given bar graph, X-axis represents experience range (in years) and Y-axis represents the average pay in Lakhs/annum (L/a) of Java J2EE Developers. Blue bar indicates the average pay of Java J2EE Developers working for Product Companies in Pune, Red bar indicates the average pay of Java J2EE Developers working for Service Companies in Pune and Yellow bar indicates the average pay of Java J2EE Developers working for those Companies in Pune that are having both; Product & Service.
- Irrespective of which experience-range we talk about, Product Companies do pay more than Service Companies to Java developers.
- The gap between average salaries of Product Companies and Service Companies is less than 1.4 L/a for those who have less than 8 years of experience.
- For those with more than 8 years of experience, the gap between average salaries of Product Companies and Service companies is from 1.84 L/a to 3.59 L/a.
- Those companies that are having both Product & Service pay even less than Service Companies to Java developers with experience between 0 to 8 years.
- As experience increases, the average salaries paid to Java developers by companies with both, Product & Service increases to compete with the average salaries of Product companies.
We hope that Paywatch Special 2016 will help Java developers in making the right choices as well as the companies in matching the salary trends. To keep up with Paywatch, please subscribe Rezoomex Newsletter.
We would love to hear what you have to say about this article. Please do leave a comment here. You can also tweet your feedback about this article or requests for more Paywatch articles to @Rezoomex with #paywatch.